Fujitsu have announced the launch of a new range of high-end R32 Wall Mounted Split Systems. The KG series is a new high-spec range offering a stylish designer look with high energy efficiency and is available in four sizes: 2.0, 2.5, 3.5 and 4.2kW.
The new Fujitsu KG series recently received the ‘Good Design Award 2017’ organized by the Japan Institute of Design Promotion. The prestigious Good Design Award has been the sole comprehensive design evaluation and commendation system in Japan for 30 years with the ‘G MARK’ symbol of the award recognised widely as representing excellence in design.
The award for the Fujitsu KG series was made after a comprehensive evaluation of the range design excellence including ease of use based on the users’ point of view, development concepts, functionality, and adoption of innovative technologies.
Key features of the KG series include:
- Compact indoor dimensions with designer style appearance 834 x 270 x 215mm (L x H x D)
- Low indoor unit noise levels e.g. 19dBA for size 07, 09,12 cooling on quiet fan speed setting – 20dBA for size 14.
- High efficiency e.g. Size 07 = 8.52 SEER, 5.12 SCOP (EER / COP = 5.0/5.0). The range has achieved the highest A+++ in European energy rank by installing Fujitsu’s own high-density heat exchanger.
- Wireless remote controller with 7 day / weekly, program and Sleep timers.
- Built in Human sensor (PIR) to save energy when no one is present in the room.
- 20m max pipe run (charged for 15m as standard + 20g/m for extra length up to 20m max).
- Optional Wireless-LAN interface for Smartphone or remote PC control.
- Optional External Input / output PCB and Communication kits.
- Group control facility – up to 16 systems can be group controlled from one remote controller (requires optional Communication kit per indoor unit).
In addition to the technical aspects, the appearance of the indoor units impressed the judges by the originality of the design who commented “this product creates a natural appearance as an “object to hang on the wall” like a picture frame”.
These new models will be followed in the spring of 2018 by a duplicate capacity range of R32 lower spec models up to 7kW. The new models will be arriving into UK stock during November / December and will feature on our stand at The HVAC & Refrigeration Show 2018.